COMMON APPROACHES TO BPH TREATMENT:
Enzyme blockers – work by blocking the 5-alpha reductase enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT, preventing DHT from being made.
Alpha-blockers – work by relaxing smooth muscle tissue found in the prostate and the bladder neck. This allows urine to flow out of the bladder more easily.
SIDE EFFECTS OF BPH DRUGS:
- Decreased sex drive
- Increased ejaculatory dysfunction (such as a smaller amount of semen ejaculated or ejaculation of semen into the bladder instead of out through the penis)
- Difficulty getting an erection
- Breast tenderness or enlargement
- Weakness or fatigue
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Nasal congestion
Surgery (prostatectomy) – the surgical removal of all (Radical) or part (Simple) of the prostate gland.
Side effects of Surgery:
- All the complications of surgery (anesthesia complications, blood clots, infection, etc.)
EQUOL SUPPORTS PROSTATE HEALTH WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS!